Welcome to my Blog

Thank you for visiting my Blog. This blog was originally created for an e-learning course in my Masters program. I was pretty hesitant when I saw the assignment...what is a blog anyway??? Fortunately Google Blogger made this very easy for me and I am slowly but surely figuring it out. Currently this blog is predominately work related and features items surrounding my professional life. I have inserted a few personal things here and there though so ENJOY!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Appreciative Inquiry Project

In 2010 I wanted to determine a way to address employee satisfaction in my organization.  Through a contact and consultant I came across a concept called Appreciative Inquiry "AI".  AI is a concept founded by David Cooperrider.  To sum it up - it is a way to take what is working in an organization and vet that against what is not working to strategize on improvements.  The key component to AI is that it involves staff members from ALL levels of the organization.    Thus began our 9 mos process of completing an AI at our organization.  The documentation for this project is lengthy but I love talking about it.  Please contact me if you want to hear more!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim. I am interested to know more about the AI process you implemented in your organization.

    ReplyDelete